- Station for PTC based soldering irons -
Purpose of the project
As I do not like complicated user interfaces for soldering irons, I designed the station so that is has only one rotary encoder to set the temperature and one LED to show its operation. An LCD is used to show the desired temperature and the real temperature.
Please note that I built my soldering station using a piece of prototyping PCB. I have never built it using the PCB included in this project.
- Up to 80W at 24V for solder irons with PTC heating element based temperature control
- Simple user interface with only one rotary encoder and 2 line LCD panel to set the temperature. Last temperature set is stored
- PID based temperature control
- Ability to detect connected solder iron (although not implemented in firmware)
Included in the project files
All files needed to build the soldering station are included in the project files.